Welcome to the One Direction Fan Fiction website! Please make sure you are familiar with the site rules before using the site.
It’s that time of year again! This year things have been a bit all over the place and so these are our only awards, so let’s make the Official 2016 1DFF Awards our best awards yet! A bunch of categories have been added, while other less relevant ones have been removed. But nevertheless, we certainly look forward to seeing another great range of stories being nominated. Please, however, remember to follow the rules.
Rules are as follows:
Good luck to everyone! And happy nominating!
- The 1DFF Admin Team
*This post will be updated with voting form and winners as it's time for them.
First of all, thank you to everyone who sent in nominations! Second of all, the time for voting has come! Voting will be open until Friday, 16th of December and results will be posted by the following Monday. You must have a Google account to vote and you may only vote once. A fully linked masterlist of nominees will also be posted soon on our tumblr if anyone’s interested.
Good luck to those nominated and happy voting everyone!
Click here to vote!
--Admin on 12/01/2016 11:47 PM 0 Comments
The tagging system on the site for when you post a new story is still essentially the same and you don’t really have to do anything different, but we’ve added a bunch of new things and reorganised others that we believe you all will be very interested in and find very important!
Categories are simpler, there’s more genres and tags for you to choose from, and warnings so you can accurately label triggers. The new categories are as follows:
- Genres – This is for a broad overview of the general style of the story, which includes things like humour, alternate universe, and romance. For a full list of genres, click here.
- Tags – This is essentially a sub-category for genres, which covers things like your basic tropes (eg. fake dating or friends to lovers), but also the nature of the story (eg. pregnancy, uni au or 1d hiatus). For a full list of tags, click here.
- Warnings – This entails all the possible warnings someone may need to tag for triggers on their story, whether to stop someone from being triggered themselves (eg. past abuse or self-harm) or someone who wants to read something specfic they may relate to (eg. anxiety or bullying). We strongly recommend that these warnings are taken seriously and that you use them because they are very important. For a full list of warnings, click here.
We hope that you enjoy all these new things and the only thing we ask of you now is to go categorise your stories correctly! If anyone has any questions on any of this or would like anything clarified, please let us know.
--Admin on 09/27/2016 04:15 AM 0 Comments
So, without further ado, the new email addresses are as follows:
- email@example.com – this email is strictly for lost usernames. If you’ve lost your username and cannot remember what it is or find it in your emails, then send us your query right here.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – this email is for any issues that relate to your account specfically. This covers things like lost passwords, deleting your account, changing your username, etc.
- email@example.com – this email is kind of self-explanatory, but for any violations on the site must be sent here. If you see anyone breaking a rule, please let us know.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – this email covers all your technical issues to do with the site, so that’s things like log in issues, emails not working, glitches, unwarranted pop up ads, etc.
- email@example.com – this email is for any nominations you may have for featured stories. Remember, they must have at least a few chapters and a maximum of 200 reviews.
If anyone has any questions on these emails or anything else, please send us a message and we’ll be happy to answer!
– 1DFF Admin Team
--Admin on 09/24/2016 01:30 AM -1 Comments
So we found a new module we want to roll out with the site..however we need a few authors to help us out and test it!
Requirements: You need to have a banner or cover art for the story
It must be more than one chapter ( no it doesn't have to be finished)
If you are interested please Email us here include your user id ( penname) and the story you are willing to let us use! We will email you back with specific instructions and more detail!
--Admin on 11/30/2015 01:50 AM 2 Comments